Tuesday 14 April 2009

100409

Visitors to the boat today. Mike and Ikks and Richard dropped by on his bike. Iwona is back in Poland for a couple of weeks getting her teeth done and seeing her mum. Finally set off through the tunnel about 3. Not a nice day weather-wise but M and I are easy and enjoyable company. Very fond of them both. Had a compact tea at St Pancras basin and took on some water while we ate a lovely spread put together by Sally. She put a lot of love in to it - as she does most things. I take too much of this for granted. In fact I sometimes wonder if I take such 'spiritual' generosity as a kind of simple mindedness. But, then again, such paucity of spirit on my part is rooted in safety - a kind of psycho-social risk aversion. Something that took its place in my outlook in early life and has festered there over the years and has resisted all my feeble attempts to overcome its insidious power. I really don't know what I can do other than be wise to its tactics. Today it has resulted in souring the end of an otherwise lovely day. It was a lovely day, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment